Has an oil spill plagued your face for too long? Battle the baddies by using good oil to tear it down and win the war against pollution.
Skin type: Oily
Scent: Bergamot + Ylang-ylang
Aromatherapeutic properties: Ylang-ylang essential oil has the ability to relieve depression in humans and drives away anxiety, sadness, and chronic stress. It also has an uplifting effect on the mood and induces feelings of joy and hope.
Key skin-loving ingredients:
- Bergamot is known for its ability to distribute pigments evenly throughout the skin, leaving an even, toned complexion. Plus, bergamot has powerful antiseptic and antibiotic properties while being able to remove bacteria from our skin
- Grapeseed oil penetrates your skin quickly and doesn't leave your skin feeling oily. To use grapeseed oil on your face.
We recommend that you follow this natural oil cleanser with our fabulous Aloha Hoa Mist Toner and then our Blank Face Baby Moisturiser. To keep your skin looking tip top, you should also use our Step Up Face Scrub twice a week.
Pump the oil blend into your hand and massage into dry skin.
Use smooth circular strokes and let this also be a gentle facial massage. Massage for at least a minute (two if you’ve got time) or until you are sure that the oil has saturated your skin. This will also remove make-up very effectively, so there is no need to remove makeup first.
Place a clean washcloth under very hot tap water (or shower water) until it is completely soaked and quickly wring it out. Open it and place over your face. This will create steam against the skin to remove the oils and any impurities in the skin. Leave the washcloth on for about a minute, or until it cools.
Repeat if needed with the other side of the washcloth and then use the corners of the washcloth to gently remove any remaining oil. There will still be a thin layer of oil on the skin and this is beneficial.
The boring bits
- It is normal for it to take a week or so for the skin to adjust, and you may even see more oily skin or more breakouts during this time as impurities leave the skin
- If you can, resist the urge to use harsh soaps or facial cleansers during this time, as it will make the adjustment period take longer.
- If you do this in the shower, make sure to clean your shower floor regularly so it doesn’t get slippery!
Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) Oil, Vitis vinifera (Grapeseed) Oil, Ricinus communis (Castor) Oil, Citrus aurantium spp bergamia (Bergamot )Oil, Cananga odorata var genuina (Ylang ylang) Oil.
They’ll tell you I’m insane but this bad boy soothes the mind, body, and soul. Infused with blackcurrant seed oil and finished with a bit of aloe vera gel it’ll leave you blemish-less, not with a nasty scar.
Skin type: Oily + Acne Prone
Scent: Tea Tree
Aromatherapeutic properties: Tea Trees is helpful for fatigue and chronic fatigue syndrome. The essential oil stimulates memory, perceptions and cognitive thinking processes. When these senses are stimulated, clearer thinking will come to the surface.
Key skin-loving ingredients:
- Tea Tree antiseptic, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties aid the healing of a wide variety of skin conditions,
- Aloe Vera well known for its moisturising and soothing properties. It is commonly used to soothe dry, irritated skin.
Aqua (Water), Matricaria Chamomilla (German Chamomile) hydrosol, Prunus dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Miller (Aloe Vera) Gel, Organic Glycerin, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Organic Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Panthenol, Gluconolactone (and) Sodium Benzoate, Cetearyl alchohol, Lecithin, Ribes nigrum (Blackcurrant Seed) Oil, D Alpha Tocophero (Vitamin E), Xanthan Gum, Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea Tree) Essential Oil
Apply to face and neck after toning and rub gently in a circular motion.
Do your products contain fragrance or perfume?
No, all of our products are naturally scented with essential oils
Which moisturiser should I use?
Calm the Face Down! is suitable for most skin types but if you suffer from acne or oily skin try Blank Face Baby Moisturiser.
Should I apply moisturiser or serum first?
Serum first. After cleansing and toning, apply serum in a thin layer to penetrate the skin. Then, eye cream or oil and lastly moisturiser.
Shock the senses into reality and put a pep in your step so you can face the day with conviction. Keep your face clean without stripping it of natural oil or harming the sea floor for sure.
Skin type: All
Scent: Blood Orange and Papaya
Aromatherapeutic properties: Blood Orange has an uplifting and calming nature, perfect to soothe stress, low mood, nervous tension and sleeplessness
Key skin-loving ingredients:
- Papaya Extract is full of antioxidants and vitamins including beta-carotene and vitamin C. Papaya an enzyme called Papain which works as a natural exfoliator and cleanser helping to promote a clear complexion,
- Rosehip Seed Powder a by-product from the production of Rosehip oil, this powder is a natural and gentle exfoliant,
- Blood Orange helps soothe dull, dry irritated or acne-prone skin.
Aqua (Water), Cucumis sativus(Cucumber) Hydrosol, Sorbitol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Organic Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Caprylic Triglyceride (Coconut) Oil, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Luffa Cylindrica Fruit Powder, Carica (Papaya) extract, D Alpha Tocophero (Vitamin E), Parfum, Gluconolactone (and) Sodium Benzoate, Citrus sinensis (Blood Orange) Essential Oil
Wet your face with warm water, massage with a teaspoon sized amount of scrub, rinse and moisturise – we suggest Calm the Face Down! Moisturiser.
How often should I scrub?
We recommend only scrubbing two or three times a week so you don’t strip your face of natural oils.