- November 2020
- October 2020
Why you should shop local, shop small
There are plenty of reasons to shop locally-owned, small business:
- Every time you make a purchase from a small business an actual person does a little dance!
- Not only are you helping business owners burn calories you're stimulating your local economy. There are numerous studies that show independent, locally-owned business, rather than chains, use significantly more of your money to make purchases from other local businesses which strengthens the economy of the community.
- Reduce your carbon footprint - as mentioned above locally-owned businesses generally make more local purchases requiring less transportation, reducing gas emissions.
- A marketplace of small businesses is the best way to ensure innovation and low prices over the long-term. Small businesses generally select and create products based not on a national sales plan but on their own interests and the needs of their local customers which means there is more innovation and more competitive pricing.
- And lastly you're going to get better service because you will truly be a valued customer. Why? (see point one!)