- November 2018
- September 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
New Product Alert! Biological Agent Cleansing Oil, 100ml
Our Biological Agent Cleansing Oil, 100ml is now available for pre-order!
Order now for the introductory price of $15.00 normally $25.00 and we'll ship it to you in May! Buy it here
So what is cleansing oil and why would you use it?
It sounds counter-intuitive but oil cleansing is actually really good for oily and acne prone skin, by using good oil we can actually remove the bad.
What is in this magical blend I hear you say.
As you know we are all about keeping it natural so we have used:
- Castor Oil – Antibacterial and anti fungal aka see ya later acne!
- Sunflower Oil – Contains more vitamin E than any other vegetable oil, vitamin E is a natural antioxidant, and can reduce the appearance of dark spots and wrinkles!
- Grape Seed Oil – Renowned for its skin-regenerative and restructuring qualities grape Seed oil is very useful for treatment of many skin conditions.
But we don’t want to just clean your face we want to help you sooth the mind body and soul so we have also included bergamot + ylang ylang to relax your breathing and help you let go.
What do you do with it?
In the shower or at the bathroom sink, pour the oil blend into your hand and massage into the skin on your dry face.
Use smooth circular strokes and let this also be a gentle facial massage. Massage for at least a minute (two if you’ve got time) or until you are sure that the oil has saturated your skin. This will also remove make-up very effectively, so there is no need to remove make-up first.
You can even leave the oil on the skin for up to 10 minutes to really deep clean pores.
Place a clean washcloth under very hot tap water (or shower water) until it is completely soaked and quickly wring it out. Open it and place over your face. This will create steam against the skin to remove the oils and any impurities in the skin. Leave the wash cloth on for about a minute, or until it cools.
Repeat if needed with the other side of the washcloth and then use the corners of the washcloth to gently remove any remaining oil. There will still be a thin layer of oil on the skin and this is beneficial.
The boring bits
- It is normal for it to take a week or so for skin to adjust, and you may even see more oily skin or more breakouts during this time as impurities leave the skin
- If you can, resist the urge to use harsh soaps or facial cleansers during this time, as it will make the adjustment period take longer.
- If you do this in the shower, make sure to clean your shower floor regularly so it doesn’t get slippery!